Before Your Surgery
- Discuss your current medications with your physician to see if you should stop taking any of them before surgery. If you have questions regarding your medications, please contact you surgeon or the admit nursing staff at The Eye Surgery Center of Tulsa.
- Arrange for someone to drive you to and from the surgery center.
- Don’t wear make-up or jewelry and leave valuables at home. Please bring your driver’s license or a photo identification card and your insurance card(s).
- Wear comfortable, casual clothing. An open neckline and loose sleeves is preferable.
- Do no eat or drink anything after midnight the night before your surgery, unless otherwise specified by your surgeon or the nurses at the Eye Surgery Center of Tulsa.
Day of Surgery
- Bring your Medicare / insurance card(s), drivers license or photo identification card.
- You will arrive at the Center approximately one hour prior to your scheduled surgery time. We will utilize this time to prepare you for your procedure.
- During your procedure, you will be cared for by one of our anesthesia providers.
- Some procedures require medication to help you relax.
At Home, After Surgery
- You will be given surgeon specific instructions prior to discharge from the Eye Surgery Center of Tulsa.
- With the exception of alcohol, you can resume your normal diet and routine medications. This is particularly important for those patients using blood thinners that were discontinued prior to surgery.
- Use eye medications and or pain medications as instructed by your surgeon.